- Through “walking by the Spirit.” This is living with expectation that there is something after this life.
- Through living by the “desires of our flesh.” This is living in the moment for whatever feels best at the time.
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)RESPOND
- What kind of debt do you hope to be free of?
- Read through the “works of the flesh” in Galatians 5:19-21. Which ones do you most often attempt to use in finding freedom?
- How does the cross of Jesus Christ display true freedom?
- Who, in your life, needs to hear this message of freedom?